Amazon Carousel

Monday, June 29, 2015

Tagged by Kory Shrum!

One of my favorite authors got a Liebster blogger award thing where she was asked questions and has to tag 11 others and ask them 11 original questions. And she tagged ME!

You can see her original post here: http://korymshrum.blogspot.com/2015/06/mondayblogs-liebster-award-amwriting.html?showComment=1435630201490#c75945105571749512

I'm going to cheat, however. I'm answering the questions, but then I'm going to ask that you guys tag yourselves and steal her questions. I've been inconsistent with blogging since last fall with a new job, and then my stage IV cancer diagnosis, so blogging has fallen behind a bit and I don't feel like I know 11 people enough to tag them! And I wouldn't want to do a random tag.

Here are the questions Kory asked and my answers!

If you’ve been tagged above, here are the 11 all new, original questions I have for you to answer if you choose to participate in this Liebster Award.
Here are the rules I need to share:
– Answer the 11 interview questions
– In that post, link back to the person who awarded you.
– Choose 11 other bloggers to award, focusing on those with 200 followers or below.
– Link to those bloggers in your post, then go and leave them comments to share the good news!
– Be sure to ask them 11 original questions.

1. What fictional character do you want as your best friend? Samwise Gamgee, hands down. He has a heart of gold, is loyal, and determined.

2. When you are writing/blogging, do you have to have a snack? If yes, what? I'm toying with plotting and writing lately. Chemo is a good 4 hours of sitting around and thinking. I haven't been doing much blogging lately, but when I was, I didn't really snack while blogging. I don't like my keyboard getting gross.

3. What is your first memory of writing/blogging? My first blog wasn't actually about books. I started blogging on a site called Xanga. It was a really fun community and I became friends with many people from all walks of life. In fact, I just met three Xangans this summer and another internet friend who I met through another Xangan.

4. Who has been your biggest fan so far?  I don't have any fans. LOL

5. If you could have one super power what would it be? The power to heal, both myself and others. I'd visit children's hospitals and cancer wards and animal hospitals and heal heal heal.

6. What “gets you in the mood” to write/blog?  When it was a personal blog, it was something that pissed me off. Nowadays, I blog to share about books I read, products I'm trying out, and my cancer. Although I'm falling behind on all three. I don't really want to write about my cancer. I'm living it. That's enough. And I don't want to be totally honest about it online because I don't want my family or friends to read it and realize how much it sucks. I'm doing really well with remaining positive and would like them to keep that in mind the most.

7. What book has been most influential to you and your writing/blogging? Not a single one in particular. I started writing reviews on amazon and goodreads about some of the books I've read. But I don't have anything that is influencing me to blog or write or anything like that.

8. What job would you HATE to have? A butcher or a slaughterhouse worker. I couldn't do it.

9. Do you want to be a rich, famous, or admired? (Only 1 and why?) Rich. I have no desire to be famous or admired. But with money, I could solve a lot of problems for both myself and my friends, I could change the world with enough money to start a charity, to set up a charity in perpetuity, etc.

10. How long have you been writing/blogging and how long do you think you’ll write/blog? My first blog started back in 2003 or so. Maybe earlier. So it's been about 12 years. I'll probably keep some form of blog forever. It's my new way of journaling.

11. Tell us about your real or imaginary “happy” place. A house by the sea, with a heated pool in case the ocean is too  cold to swim in. It will have a large library with cozy seating, a large fireplace, and cozy dog beds so that I  can read with my pups near me. Outside by the pool will be large comfy bed like seats to watch the ocean and write on a laptop or enjoy a book while enjoying the fresh air. That's what I need: sea, books, dogs, and the internet.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to connect with me! Happy reading!